Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Items for the September 10 call

I. Here's something I've been meaning to forward- FIU put a lot of money behind entrepreneurship & one piece of this are a series of webinars. There are several outfits who've already developed killer webinars on various aspects of starting/growing a venture -- with only a little effort, we can access these for cheap (some are free). I've been collecting a list of what's already out there. There is a TON of good stuff out there to add to our readily-available "assets"!

II. Did you see this model training program in eastern Idaho? Might be a nice model to build on [local industry, state govt, INL & EITC]:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/business/story/497123.html

III. Another new vehicle for meeting online... www.oovoo.com (I promise to NOT use my webcam... LOL)

IV. I have two formal proposals to the group:

a) That the Committee sign on as a "Friend of" Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW). This is headed toward being a really big deal nationally & globally. It costs nothng & commits the committee to nothing, but will look good.

b) The Invention 2 Venture" boot camp from NCIIA (& NSF & Kauffman & ...) is still interested in Idaho doing one of these during GEW; I'm pushing ahead on this, but wouldn't this be cool to do in southern Idaho... it's intended to serve a broad audience, but especially students. This cannot wait until the asset mapping, so I hope you won't mind it if I pitch this tomorrow! [Again, this commits the committee to zero financial exposure.]

No comments: